Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Range Model WFE366LVT0WPL. It is out of

I have a Whirlpool Range Model WFE366LVT0WPL. It is out of warranty. I told the dealer that it was cooking at a higher temp than was set. If it is set on 400 Degrees, my oven thermometer shows it cycling between 400 and 450. He calibrated it minus 30 degrees, so now he says it should cycle between 370 and 420. Is this much temperature variation acceptable? I would expect some variation in temperature from what is selected, but is 50 degrees variation normal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

unfortunately yes , these can vary up to 50 degrees up or down. the problem is the electronic sensor has to sense that its dropped that much and then turn the bake element back on to compensate, of course the element doesn't heat instantly so the temp can keep dropping while its comming back on and heating up. the other problem is the sensor is in one spot. ( the back wall) and thats not always where the highest or lowest temps read. (ovens vary) so unfortunately yes these can vary that much. hope this helps answer your question. thanks Bryan