Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my bosch turns on ok, but does not cycle. I does not request

my bosch turns on ok, but does not cycle. I does not request water. I just replaced the heater element and had it all apart. After we finished the replacement of the heater I did one cycle and it cycled ok, it took in water, heated it like it used to and in all respects worked fine. There was a door leak but we were able to stop that. we opened the door before it had finished washing to check the leak and make sure that was water in the machine and that was the end of the diswasher cycling like it should. Opening of the door
never seemed to bother the wash cycle before.

I have had it stop cycling several years ago when we had a drain problem with our kitchen sink.

can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

how much water is in the bottom after this fills in the beginning of the cycle? do you hear the pump running all the time ?
can you send us the model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is some water in the sump. I toweled out, most of it anyway.

Model Number is XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay do you know if theres water in the basepan underneath the dish washer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes there is some. I have toweled out most of it. but there is still some there. There is a little mechinism on the side that comes on when a float is forced up by water. I think it drains the basepan. But I really don't know. Nor do I know where the water goes if its drained. I guess back into the sink drain somehow.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats whats going on. the float is up enough to stop the machine from running and needs to be completyely dried out to reset. its hard to get to I know. what we do is take a hair dryer and let it blow underneath until its completely dry then you can restart the machine. sometimes this takes a while , that should take care of the issue, (have the same machine and have had to do this to mine) thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I am doing the drying thing with sthe hair dryer. I can activate or deactivate the switch with the red plastic handle that connects to the float. when I activate the switch by hand the washer still does not cycle. my question at this point is does the drying make any difference if I can hold the switch off or on?.

thanks in advance

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. so you are able to push the float down and the machine will not start ? are you restarting this from the begining of the cycle when you are activating the float switch or just letting it go when you do that ? try this dry it out and add about a gallon of water to the dish washer by hand and then start a new cycle. see if it starts washing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK It is cycling like it should. I dried it out with the dryer and I thought it was still not cycling so I cycled it by hand a couple of times, cussed at it for awhile and lo and behold it started to work. water flowing through the tubes going tothe inside of the machine and all. I am not going to touch it this time. I am going to let it cycle and check for any more leaks.

thanks you earned your money

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

your very welcome. well wishes and thanks, Bryan

P.S. please remember to press the green accept button so I may get paid for helping you. we dont get credit until you accept. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Bryan: I accepted and clicked love it on another screen. thanks for the help it worked, I am listening to the machine work as I type this.

Pay Pal says they paid you #8vl0513348078372N.

any problems call me XXX-XXX-XXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay it didnt go through on my end. thats okay i'll check withy the main office there may be a problem with the system. thank you so much and have a great day. Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yeah let me know, you deserve the money.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I will. I emailed the main office. they take a lttle while, thanks, Bryan