Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have Frigidaire Gallery Series washer (GLTF2940FS1) and drier

I have Frigidaire Gallery Series washer (GLTF2940FS1) and drier (GLE02152ES1). The control panels on both machines have gradually become disfunctional. The panel lights up in both but now none of the buttons work. When I turn off the drier at the panel the panel lights go out as expected, but I come back later and I find that they are flashing. I suspect the irregular power I receive at home has damaged the electronics. Are these problems repairable at a reasonable cost? If the electrical service is the ultimate cause of the problem, is there a type of surge protector that would be effective in saving my appliances?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

you need whats called the central control unit for the washer $138.00 and the dryer looks to be a timer . $110.00 I will send the part numbers and a link to purchase them in a moment if you want to order and replace them yourself. let me know if you want the links, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

here are the links to the parts. dryer timer. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer-/131930600/823135?modelNumber=GLEQ642AS2

washer control unit, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Central-Control-Unit-/137006000/1472564?modelNumber=GLTF2940FS1

just click the blue links for each part. thanks, Bryan