Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Profile Refrig. Model PFSS6PKXASS the ice maker

I have a GE Profile Refrig. Model PFSS6PKXASS the ice maker quit, I replace the water valve, and it still won't work. What else can I check and if I have to remove the assembly, how does it remove?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

theres a tab in the front you need to depress to remove the ice maker. you can see it in these pictures. once the tab is depressed you slide the ice maker out. just above the arm. is this cycling at all ? (turning)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The ice maker is now lose there is a wire harness (I guess) connected to the side does it just unplug or is it something else?
yes it unplugs. you can see in the bottom picture the harness, towards the back you can see the plug. depress the clips on each side of the plug and pull the plug apart. you may have to work the harness out to get to the plug. if this isn't cycling at all you need to replace the ice maker. we rep;lace a lot of these, they fail. heres a link to the ice maker. the part # XXXXX XXXXX you may want to google it and see if you can get a better price. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I pulled out the assembly and pressed the test button and it cycled so I put it back together, but it still won't call for water, is it still an assembly problem or could it be something else?
check the water inlet tube in the ice maker section. make sure it hasnt frozen. the tube itself could be frozen. let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The tube is clear. So is the tube, water valve, and the maker assembly, the only things that could be the problem? Is the assembly what send the elect. to the valve to tell it to open?
do you have a volt meter?you can see if the ice maker is sending power to the valve by cycling it they way you did before and putting the meter on the valve to see if its getting power. you have to have the volt meter on the whole cycle time to see though because it only sends power at a certain point during the cycle. if it doesnt get power the ice maker is bad. the contacts inside are burnt.