Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a waste king "gourmet" series ss2600 garburator. It

We have a waste king "gourmet" series ss2600 garburator. It is about 10 yrs old. it just stopped working. (had been working fine, was shut off, then turned on a couple of mins later). It blew the breaker. We reset it. We also reset the unit itself (red button opposite the power cord). Just blow breaker when we throw the switch. Do these units just up and die like this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

actually they can short out inside and I suspect thats what happened to yours. the problem is these are a pain to take apart and get parts for. at this point its cheaper to just replace the unit. most likely the windings are shorted. you cant get all the parts for this unit. less trouble to just replace it at this point.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not the answer I would like to hear, but not unexpected. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your welcome. I'm sorry for the bad news but these machines are only made to last so long then they give out, the problem is the parts are not even in the databases any longer so it would be difficult to find anything for it and If we did it would probably cost more than replacing it. thanks and have a great evening, Bryan