Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a built-in microwave oven, model KEBK171SS04. The oven

We have a built-in microwave oven, model KEBK171SS04. The oven door of the large oven is a double glass piece that has an opening, approx 1/4 in. wide across the diameter at the bottom. Food, sauces, have splashed and have gotten into this space. From the outside of the oven the whole front looks dirty. How do I clean in between these two glass pieces? Can I remove the inside piece of glass? Thank you. Georgia
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

let me look up your model and I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
the best way to get the inside of the glass clean is to remove the door all together from the oven and take the door apart. open the door about 3/4 of the way and on the hinge there are flip over locks. flip them over and then close the door almost all the way and lift up. the door will come off hinges and all. let me know when you have the door off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, Bryan. We got the door off. Georgia
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay great. now lay it on a counter with a towel under handle over the edge. facing down. heres the diagrams of the door. you need to take it apart to get to the inside of the glass. I usually take pictures as I go so you know for sure which way everything goes back together, it can be confusing putting it back together. the diagrams should help though.