Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirlpool washer - (small one piece stacking unit) set to COLD

Whirlpool washer - (small one piece stacking unit) set to COLD water, gives only HOT water - tried setting to HOT, it worked in COLD until rinse cycle - now HOT & COLD are both HOT
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

let me look up your model and I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
looking forward to your reply
okay I have your model up. first off do you have a multimeter and know how to test voltage ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No - I do not
okay, it makes this a little harder. we hate to order the wrong part. its going to be one of two things however. usually in this model its the temperature control thats bad. from what your describing I would say thats the issue, when you put this on cold water wash hot water fills the machine ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes and the first time we noticed thew problem we set it to HOT & got COLD - then it went to rinse & every setting was hot.
okay even the rinse was hot water ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes - the rinse water was hot no matter which setting we turned on.
okay in that case it would be the electronic fill valve itself. this is the part the hoses from the house connect to. there is a sensor on the valve thats not sensing correctly. its on the black part of the valve, you need to order and replace the valve, heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/3979345/909030?modelNumber=YWET3300SQ1 thanks and best wishes, Bryan.