Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Bosch WTE86300US Axxis condensing electric dryer about

I have a Bosch WTE86300US Axxis condensing electric dryer about 2 1/2 years old. The "Door Open" light comes on after about 2 minutes of tumble then the dryer stops. I have replaced the latch/lock, still doing the same thing. The dryer appears to work just fine in every other way. No error codes in the display window, just the red light lit on the panel "Door Open". Do I need to reset something to tell the machine I replaced the door latch? Or is it something else?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good morning, if you replaced the door lock/latch assembly the problem is with the control unfortunately. its not reading the door lock. theres no reset on these you have to do after replacing the latch. check the wiring harness from the latch to the control before replacing control. make sure the harness it tight on both ends. if they are replace the control. one other thing to check is make sure the latch on the door itself isn't loose.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Aloha Bryan,

When you say replace the "control" do you mean the main circuit board?

yes, the electronic control is not reading the door staying locked so it shuts down as if you opened the door. therefor sending the door open signal. there are only two part that can cause this error , the latch (which you replaced) and the electronic control. as long as the harness is tight thats all there is between them. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is really a bad design, the latch/lock actually had a broken piece, which was why I replaced it, thinking the electronic circuit was not sensing the door was closed with it being broken. I'm going to try the wiring harness suggestion, because when I first replaced the latch/lock thing, the dryer worked for a whole drying cycle, I ran it empty, when I put clothes in to it, it started with the same problem, saying "Door Open". The door "male" part of the door latch has a little slop in it, but I have another Bosch dryer, seems to be the same amount, so not thinking that is the problem.

Is your answer still the same since the dryer worked immediately after I replaced the lock/latch, when ran it empty, with a load it started the problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One more question, do you recommend I use contact cleaner on the ribbon cable connection that attaches to the circuit board? I live in Hawaii, and this dryer is in a condo that is beachfront, we have a lot of moisture all the time in the air. Reeks havoc on my electronics.
that would be a good first start, moisture can cause bad connections and that may very well be whats going on in yours. it wouldn't hurt to try that first. Didn't realize you were right on the beach. salt air can corrode the contacts.