Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My refrigerator, model LFC25770TT/05: food stored in plastic

My refrigerator, model LFC25770TT/05: food stored in plastic containers accumulates moisture inside the container and the inside of the lid. Have tried changing temp settings and currently have it on 34 degrees but no help. All the gaskets look OK. Freezer is set at 1. We did have trouble with the ice cube maker freezing up and not dropping cubes but that seems to be OK since I changed the setting to 1. Refrigerator is the big problem now.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.
usually when you have moisture is the bins its caused by a bad door seal or some leak drawing in the moist air from the home. the first thing to check is the door gaskets and make sure there are no air leaks anywhere. can you do that and get back to me ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Door gaskets seem to be OK. No cracks or looseness that I can find.
okay does this have an ice dispenser ? if so is there any frost or ice around the flap that opens for the ice ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Doesn't seem to be any ice around the ice maker but there is a frost buildup on the back wall of the freezer section that I can't seem to get rid of. Thought of using my hair dryer but don't know if that's a good idea!
okay theres frost on the back panel inside the freezer ?this means you have a defrost issue and the moisture in your case is because of that. there are two ways to approach this. 1 you can unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours and leave the doors open to defrost it (not very practical if you don't have a spare refrigerator) 2 you can remove the food in the freezer and then the back panel inside in the back where the frost is and defrost it with a hair dryer. (you need to completely defrost the coils behind the panel) when you are done defrosting it put the panel back in, you need to order and replace this. its the defrost thermostat, you will see this on the coils when you get it defrosted. when the part comes in replace it. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Defrost-Sensor-with-Fuse/6615JB2005H/1266868 thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK, Bryan--Is this one free? I'm not sure how the program works. Anyway, if it's not free, please don't answer. I had the only LG approved repair service in Fort Worth, TX out last week. He did not change out the part you suggested; he defrosted the ice build up in the freezer and said it was an air circulation problem. And charged me $185. Well, the frost is once again building up on the back wall of the freezer and moisture is once again forming in the refrigerator. I'm supposed to have a 30-day warranty on their work and will call this afternoon. But--I did not keep the solution that you sent me about the defrost coil (?) or something, with a picture of same. Can you send me that same picture again? That has to be the problem. My husband is almost 80 years old and not in good health, and while I can do a lot of things, fixing a freezer is not one of them! But if there is another charge for this, please do not answer!
Thanks very much.

Optional Information:
Make: lg French door refrigerator serial 909KRFN00155
Model: LFC25770TT/05

Already Tried:
See e-mail.

you wont be charge again. is this what he changed? did he test it first to make sure? don't press the green accept button anymore for that will charge you. just respond back thats all.