Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

36" wolf electric cooktop. is an older model. lock and unlock

36" wolf electric cooktop. is an older model. lock and unlock have worked fine for >1 year. now lock light blinks. cannot cancel blink and cannot unlock. have tried turning off power to "reset" but to no avail. there are no other LED's on this unit. help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately this is not going to be something you'll like to hear, but if you press and hold the lock button and it won't unlock, it means that your touch control below the glass cooktop is shorted. Since you've already tried to turn the power off and that didn't reset the electronics, you'll need a new touch control. I'd call Wolf and see if they'd be willing to help with the repair since the unit is just over a year old because the part is usually very expensive through wolf (like $300-500)