Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

Whirlpool Refrigerator (Side-by-Side) GS6SHEXNS00 -- First

Whirlpool Refrigerator (Side-by-Side) GS6SHEXNS00 --
First noticed the top light bulb went out... then heard a buzz that I located to the lower lights... one of them was out and the other flickering. I removed all three, bought new appliance 40w lights, installed them... all began buzzing and flickering... the temperature control digital lights went out... refrigerator is now loosing cooling. The freezer lights are still on and the freezer still seems to be operating. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am eager to help you solve your appliance problems. There is an electronic control in a plastic housing down by the compressor in back. It should be on the left side. The lights are controlled with this control. This control is defective.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

Thank you,

Peter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When you say "down by the compressor in back"... are you saying that it is inside the refrigerator compartment? behind the drawers? Or ???
And, Is this control easily sourced and replaced? Or does it require a Service Call technician???
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

You have to access it from the back lower rear of the refrigerator. You have to unplug the refrigerator and it is mounted inside of a plastic housing, usually white plastic. You will see multiple wires running into this box. This is the control board - http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10135090/1394052 This is the cover of the plastic housing - http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cover/2255623/1016453 You can order the board from this website or from your local supplier. If you do not feel confident to change it yourself then contact a servicer in your area.

Thank you,

Peter