Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Bosch SHE56C02UC/48 will not drain

My Bosch SHE56C02UC/48 will not drain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

does the pump just keep running and running ? seems like it wont stop ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No in fact it does not appear that the pump runs when it should be draining. No water is expelled into the disposer. I don't think the drain line is plugged
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so you don't hear the pump running at all? Have you tried taking the drain off the disposer and putting it in a bucket just to see if any water comes out at all when it gets to the drain cycle? And
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I haven't tried that but I am certain that no water is expelled into the disposer. Water remains in the bottom of the machine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you haven't replaced the disposer recently have you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have and I removed the plug. The dishwasher has worked since I replace the disposer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The pump does not run when it is supposed to. Since it is not the controller could it be a solenoid valve or some other sensor that causes the motor to run during the drain part of the cycle?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well there a float in the base pan that may be faulty, the only way to test the pump is to un install the machines and check for 120 volts going to it when its in the drain cycle. You cannot get at the pump with the machine under the cabinets you need to remove the right side panel to get access to the wiring and the pump, unless you have the wiring diagram to this which I don't you may be able to test it at the board, you will need to know which two wires go to your pump however. My guess is the drain pump is failed and because you replace the board so more than likely as long as the float switch is okay you should be getting power to the pump. I would check the pump for power if it is getting power replace the pump,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can you provide an answer without a schematic. I assume that there is only one motor that drives that internal sprayers. Sprayers work so there is power to the motor. Probably not the float because water does not overflow just not pumped out. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
cant find the schematic on this. no there are two motors. one wash (main pump) and a drain pump separate. this is the drain pump. and this is the circulation pump (wash) you need the drain pump. heres a link to the part.