Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore dishwasher 665-17019402 does not seem to be spinning

Kenmore dishwasher 665-17019402 does not seem to be spinning the washer, fills and drains, is there a self diagnosis button series that test for this. I recently replaces the heater element then did a reset, heat dry /normal wash 3 times. It went thru all the cycles and did not have any flashing lights at end.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

so this just fills up with water and then sits there and then goes to a drain or do you have to push the drain button to make it drain ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I hear it filling and it does make some noise and drains automatically, but the detergent is still on the door and the dishes do not seem to have been washed
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Can you start the machine and let it fill once it has filled open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches? Does it reach the heater or above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will start it
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it filled only about an inch just to the heater not covering it
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay do you hear the motor running at all when it's in the wash cycle? Does it sound like it's trying to slosh around? Or do you hear the pump at all? The wash pump not the drain pump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did hear it seem like it was running, I ran a quick wash this am to test and did not have water up on the dishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
to fill in history a few months passed since it quit working properly,
The blinking lights indicated a heater failure
I replaces the heater element a few days ago and ran the reset test hitting buttons heat dry/normal wash 3 times
it went thru the test cycle and quit with no lights on
I ran it twice now and it does not seem to be washing,
is there some self diagnosis for this ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
give me a few to see what I can find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I am running light wash again to moniter
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

PROBLEM: Poor Wash

Sump check valve stuck

open (leaky).

1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.

2. Access the chopper system and verify

check valve opens and closes freely using a

bent wire and flashlight.

Cycle selection of

customer not appropriate

for dish load.

Instruct customer on cycle selection.

Recommend "High Temp" option for wash

performance boost.

Chopper fractured. 1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.

2. Access the chopper system and replace

if broken.

Plugged or damaged

screens.

Inspect following 3 screens. Remove lower

spray arm assembly and inspect

accumulator cover screen. Access chopper

system and check foreign object and

chopper assembly screens. Clean/replace

as needed.

Spray arms not rotating. Check for free and proper arm rotation by

operating dishwasher and opening door to

see whether arms remain in the same

position. If arms are blocked by dish item,

instruct customer. May also have restricted

movement due to misalignment of the upper

spray arm water delivery system.

Mechanical items covered

previously.

See "Wash Pump Will Not Pump", or "Will

Not Drain or Excess Water Left in Unit", or

"Detergent Not Dispensing", or details on

temperature sensing in "Long Cycles and/or

Stuck in Certain Part Of Cycle".

OWI soil sensor picking

low soil cycle too often.

Run Service Diagnostics to check operation

of OWI soil sensor and force a calibration to

occur during the next regular wash cycle.

NOTE: If OWI soil sensor is replaced, run

Diagnostics after installing new OWI to

force calibration on next cycle.

I'm looking at some of the tech sheets

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I opened it after hearing the wash pump running and no water is on the cabinet or dishes, not going up thru the system I guess
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay try this. Start the machine again. Let it fill then pour about another gallon of water in the bottom and shut the door and see if it starts to spray and wash let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am realizing this problem may have preceded the heater element because the detergent was on the door then , but the flashing lights indicated the heater element , and or the control board, I am wondering about the board now
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Did you pour water in it and see if it made a difference. If you did and it didn't make a difference then yes I believe you control board has failed, are the lights flashing again or does it seem to be running correctly but just not washing that is the question we need to answer when you added water didn't sound like it was washing better or not, ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi it did not wash when water was added, I have run the test again...push heated dry then normal button 3 times, it ran all cycles test and the water still did not spray, now completed, no flashing lights...so what gives it the pressure to spray, the pump? as I mentioned before I replaces the heater, the soap was on the door after the last wash but the green lights were flashing indicating the heater failure.. i did not test it just replaces it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

your wash pump is bad. you will need to order and replace it. theres a link below to the part and a video on how to do the replacement.

click here this will take care of the issue. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.