Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

ice maker does not work after changing water filter

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Turn the icemaker off for 30 secs and turn it back on. You probably have air in the line from changing the filter. See if it resets and starts to make ice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no good
It just stopped right after the filter change? If so check and see if the tube to the icemaker is iced up. Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
stopped before filter change. ran out of ice so i changed the filter
Ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there was no answer
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you if still needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the maytag refrigator model# XXXXX stopped dispensing ice. I changed the filter and now get strong water flow with no leaks around cartridge. I still get no ice. I turned the machine off for 60 seconds then back on and waited 24 hours for a batch of ice. no Ice. When you press the lever for ice it makes a wirring sound trying to dispence ice. How do i open up the ice maker. to see if its water or circuitry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you reach up and feel inside the mould where the ice is made, need to know if you feel ice or if the mould is empty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can only feel the rotary arm. I am able to turn this shaft cannot see or feel the ice mould. need to take off front cover to see anything
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok if there is no ice in the mold then the problem is going to be either the waterline to the ice maker is blocked with ice or the valve is bad.

To figure out which pull the unit out from the wall and remove the lower panel in the back. Trace the line from the ice maker down the back side of the unit to the valve, Now pull the water line for the ice maker out of the valve and blow into the waterline.

If you are able to blow air into the waterline then the valve is bad and will need to be replaced.

If you cant blow air into the line then there is a ice blockage somewhere in the waterline. In this case you will need to locate the blockage and thaw the ice with a hair dryer.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to open the door on the ice maker left upper corner in the refrigator compartment There is a cover with a button on the side how is this removed.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
The ice storage bin?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
can you point to the part on this schematic

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cover in part 20 .
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
There is a button at the side that releases the tray so that you can pull it out, The try will not have anything to do with the ice maker stopping. But if you need to remove the try press the button and pull indicated.

graphic
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.