Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a DV409 Dryer - the power is on - but I cannot get it

i have a DV409 Dryer - the power is on - but I cannot get it to dry - the hourglass is on and will not go away - any help would be appreciated - it is only 2 years old!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

does this start and just not heat or it wont start at all ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It does not start at all -

power is on - -the hourglass thinks there is an cycle on-going - but the drum won't start/turn

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

you need to replace the thermal fuse . these are not resetable. its located on the blower assembly. you can order this at the link below.

thermostat its part # XXXXX on the list. theres a diagram there also. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much -is this something I can do myself or do I need to call someone to do? is it easily accessible?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well the front panel would have to come off to get to it. that can be a pain.usually a job like this would run you about $100.00 if you had someone replace it for you. if your not sure you can take the machine apart by the diagrams you may want to call a service tech to replace it. its up to you. at least you know what to expect money wise. well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.