The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My GE side by side refrigerator the freezer is leaking water

My GE side by side refrigerator the freezer is leaking water inside , the water dispenser and the ice maker aren't working it happend before we pulled the refrigerator away from the wall gigle the water hose a little and water and ice were back to work but now there's this puddle under the draw that is frozen and snowy ice is showing in some of the stuff that I have in the freezer. Help!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.

You have a plugged up condensate drain line.
To resolve the problem remove the back cover inside of the the freezer compartment. At the bottom of the evaporator coils is a drain hole. Flush it out with a turkey baster and some boiling hot water. Once it is clear the water that is melted off of the evaporator coils during the defrost cycle will once again drain into the evaporation tray above the compressor. The heat from the compressor then evaporates the water back into the ambient air of the kitchen.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about the water dispenser and ice maker? And if after I go home and try this still doesn't work?

If it was leaking from the ice maker it would leak into the ice bin and then freeze into a solid mass at the bottom of the storage bin. A dispenser leak would also be noticable in places other than just the bottom of the freezer.

You can always return to this question thread and ask follow up questions. Accepting will not close the question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still don't know why the water and the ice dispenser aren't working
Did they both stop working at the same time, or did they fail separately?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water comes and goes as matter of fact the water was working today the ice maker don't work

Sounds like you just have a loose connection.

At the bottom hinge of the freezer door is a connector. Make sure that it is connected properly.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances