Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

LG washer is giving error code OE. Why and how to fix it?

LG washer that is giving an error code of either an "FE" or "OE" error. OK I started the unit and let it start filling then turned the power off and it filled for over a minute without the power on. Is that normal for LG???

Make: LG
Model: WM2277HW

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service.

The code means that your washer did not properly drain. The most likely cause is a clogged pump catch. You can take that out from the pump and check it. Most likely you will find a sock or stuff jamming it up. Here is a video to walk you through it.

If the power was off, no it should not be filling. You may have a sticky water valve, most likely. This could be the cause of the code as well. If the unit keeps filling with the power off I would replace the water valves before your house is flooded.

Here is a link to the part breakdown for your machine. The valves are part #F170 and F160. If you can determine which valve is sticking, replace that one. Now what you may want to do is see if you can get it to stick again and quickly unplug the machine to see if it continues to fill as there is a chance you have a control issue. If it continues to fill after it is unplugged even for a few secs there is something sticky in the valve.

If you need anything else let me know

LG washer dispenser assembly