Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Frigidaire affinity washer will not drain after the first

My Frigidaire affinity washer will not drain after the first rinse cycle completes. It stays on saying 16 mins remaining no matter how long it stays on. All it does is hum. Eventually the machine will pause itself. It has happened before and it was an easy fix (unscrewing the back pane and taking apart the motor and removing lint and debris from the "change catcher". It worked like New again for about two weeks and did the same thing again. This time when I tried the same remedy there was no change.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

the problem is with the drain pump. in most cases where it just hums usually there is a small object stopping the pump. let me look up a video on how to get to the pump and I'll be back shortly. thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
heres the link on how to access to the pump. this video is for replacing the pump, hopefully you will not need to. if you do you can order it at the same link. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is what I tried to do before. When disconnecting the hose from the pump the only thing that I saw to do was pull put anything that I saw inside the hose that could possibly be clogging it. I will try it again maybe I missed something. But I cannot do it until my room mate gets home . The washer is full of water and is heavy. Would this be the only possible cause or how do I find out if I need a new motor
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes if you don't find anything in the pump the pump will need to be replaced. look carefully for possibly a booby pin or small screw too. that would do it also. try turn the impeller with your finger if it doesn't move theres something stopping it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay I'm going to attempt it right now. I will let you know soon. Thanks bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no problem.good luck, thanks. talk soon. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay thanks for your help Bryan looks like we're replacing the motor.