Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have the opportunity to purchase a new Wolf Range - 60" Dual

Customer Question

I have the opportunity to purchase a new Wolf Range - 60" Dual Fuel Model DF604CF. This range is in a model home and has never been used. The problem is that it is set up for natural gas. Can it be converted to propane? If so, what does that typically cost, and is there any drawback to retrofitting a natural gas range to propane?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

the Wolf range can be converted to propane, the cost depends on who you have do the work, usually the kit is around $30.00 plus labor, average labor for this job $79.00-$100.00 on the company you suggestion is to get the model # XXXXX call wolf to see how much the kit is. theres no real drawback to retrofitting this unit. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just confirmed with Wolf that there is no conversion kit for the DF604CF. My serial number is and can only be natural gas. I just cannot believe that Wolf would sell a $16k range without the ability to convert it, but they did.

Despite what Wolf says, is there any way to find out whether there is a work around? Isn't it merely the nozzle, or are there other parts of the range that will not work with propane?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Wow , I'm very surprised by that. there is a regulator on these that if you can convert it the regulator has to be turned over to propane , its like a cap that reduces the pressure. the nozzles (orifices) would also have to be changed. if they don't make them I guess you can do it. you can try talking to a local appliance tech and see if theres something they can find to change it over. thats why I said call wolf, they do strange things sometimes , this is one of those cases I guess. sorry, Bryan