Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a maytag model UMV1152CAW built January 2008. The microwave

Customer Question

I have a maytag model UMV1152CAW built January 2008. The microwave is no loner working. The timer races though the time setting, and no microwaves are being emitted (that I can food being warmed or defrosted.)
Will replacing the micro switch solve the problem, or do I have to replace an entire motherboard, or is it irrepairable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please let me know if your not able do the repairs ,, thanks

does the time count down normal and does the turn table still work when trying to heat
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought I already outlined that the timer does not work normally. The timer races through the time countdown, almost as it the seconds are miliseconds, and the the minutes are the seconds.

Everyting else: fan, turntable, light, etc. seems to work fine.

sorry but i was just making sure ,, people will say something in ways that does not say for sure ,, you have a bad control board and it will have to be replaced, the part number is XXXXX which cost about $155 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you or order it online ,, thanks

click here to order it online mber/Maytag-Parts/Microwave-Parts/W10127090/0022/464/Model-UMV1152CAW/3048/0123370?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0606157&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0123370&searchModelNumber=UMV1152CAW&subCompDesc=Control%20panel/door/vent%20grille&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=BRANDS-MICROWAVE&blt=11&shdMod=UMV1152CAW
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A couple more questions before I approve:

1. Are you sure this is the right part number? I couldn't even find the model number on the invternet anywhere (I could find a UMV1152BAW, but not a UMV1152CAW, so I want to be sure you are recommending the right part for the model I have.)

2. Is replacing the control board something I can do with the unit still mounted on the wall above the stove, or ddoes the unit have to come down off the wall for this repair to take place?

i'm sorry but i have a doctor appt and yes it is the right part number and to replace it you will remove the grill across the top above the door and remove the screw holding the control panel, push up and set out, swap the board and put back together ,,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't understand. DO you get paid from the $30 fee I agreed to at the beginning, or do you only get paid from a 'tip' or a 'bonus.'
i get 1/2 of the fee you set the question up for so i will get $15 and the other 1/2 goes to just answer ,, thank you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here