Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have had rotten egg-like odor in our GE top-loading washer

I have had rotten egg-like odor in our GE top-loading washer for a few weeks now. I tried running an empty load with a cup of bleach on hot which seemed to work for perhaps a couple of days, but the odor has returned. The water does not appear to be carrying the odor into the load. Do you have any ideas how we might eliminate this problem?
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please let me know if your not able do the repairs ,, thanks

its due to build up between the tubs, go to home depot or walmart and get some washer magic or affresh and run though it a couple times and it will clean between the tubs, the hoses and pump and it will get rid of the odor ,,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are those products more effective than bleach? I'll try your suggestion, but wondered if there is something that the bleach is not removing/killing.
sorry but i had to leave ,, yes this works a lot better than bleach ,, thanks