Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a terrific Mark 4 Kenmore oven. Last week the self-cleaning

We have a terrific Mark 4 Kenmore oven. Last week the self-cleaning feature stopped working. This is an old oven. Is it cheaper to have the self-cleaning function fixed or to get a new oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sure. The model # XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay your right this is old. the model # XXXXX XXXXX longer in the databases. this may take a few , what does it do when you put this in self clean ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I select self-clean, the self-clean light no longer comes on and there is no heat.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay so the lock light doesn't come one and the self clean doesn't either? this is one with turn dials correct ? knobs to control the oven ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's right. There are two dials One is called selection and allows for Bake/Grill and Clean. The other is a dial with temperatures that ends with Clean at the end. Bake and Grill work, but clean doesn't get me any lights at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay if bake and broil work fine its either the lock assembly or the selector switch. as of this point I cant find the parts. I'm afraid neither will be available. cant even bring them up. it would be less heartache and better to look into a new oven at this juncture. wish I had better news, well wishes and thanks Bryan