Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My whirlpool duet front load washer leaks during the wash cycle.

Customer Question

My whirlpool duet front load washer leaks during the wash cycle. it dos not leak during the rinse cycle. repairman said there is nothing wrong. what do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I will need the model number of your unit to look this up for you.
Please click here for help locating the model number.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WFW9300SW05

HLY0881385

At the bottom front of your unit is a panel that you can remove. three screws at the bottom and it comes off. Once the panel is off you can run a cycle and observe it to see where the leak is coming from. If the leak is coming from one of the hoses just get e hose clamp from the auto parts store and clamp it down good. If it is coming from the boot it will need to be replaced.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the water leaks from the bottom of the door during the wash cycle if you just rinse it does not leak
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

how high up does the water reach when it fills in the beginning of the cycle ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just put some clothes in and can't really see how high the water level is due to the clothes
it seems like it must have something to do with the grey rubber seal inside the washer
i got the washer about three years ago but have had this problem off and on for at least a year and lately it is all the time except for this load it is not leaking yet
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

yes the problem is with the boot seal. you need to order and replace it, there is a link below which will take you to the part and a video on how to replace it,

boot seal unfortunately a lot of techs that come to your home dont want to deal with changing the boot. you can do this yourself with the video help. thanks and best wishes , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.