Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My samsung washing machine, WF203ANS, had been working perfectly

My samsung washing machine, WF203ANS, had been working perfectly but now won't run. The control panel lights up on the last wash used, but the run/start button has no effect. The wash cycles can also not be changed, but the unit does power on and off with the power button.
I have checked the power, left unplugged to reset and tried a different circuit in the house.
Not sure where to go from here,
Patrick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

On the rear if the washing machine beside model # XXXXX reads, WF203ANS/XAC
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats the model #. where your door closes the is the door lock assembly can you check at the top and see if the little post switch is broken off ? its a little peg thats sticks out and is a switch. you can see it in the left side of this picture on the bottom the little peg sticking down, of course in the machine its on the top above where the latch goes in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see a picture. Above the latch there is a peg and it's not broken.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

sorry

okay so its not broken off ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's intact. If the door on my model isn't closed properly, as in the pin above the latch isn't pushed in, it displays an error code.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, your not getting any error codes that mean the machine control has failed. you need to order and replace it. theres a link below to the part.

control its assembly # XXXXX on this diagram. thanks, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.