Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

I have an LG LRE30755SW/SB/ST and some of the control panel

I have an LG LRE30755SW/SB/ST and some of the control panel buttons stopped working properly. The oven will not set at all desired temps, but will set at some. The burner with a large and small footprint selection only works on the large element. Someone told me there is a way to re-set/re-boot the control panel. any advice will be greatly apprecited.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

How long did you leave the unit unplugged?

Robert :

The reset on this unit takes about 10 minutes to clear any confusion.

Robert :

The problem you are experiencing usually does not reset though. This is because the touchpad is a solid state device that sends signals to the control board. It has no physical memory.

Customer:

I can't remember but am sure it was probably not 10 minutes

Robert :

Look at the picture below. Number 2385 is the control panel and touchpad. On the left of the touchpad you will see two ribbons. These ribbons plug into the boards. If you reset the unit and it doesn't work, locate these ribbon cables and check them for any corrosion or loose fittings. If they look good, you will have to replace that part to correct your issue.

Robert :

I can get you a part number for it but I will need the actual color of the unit to determine the part number.

Customer:

I remeber seeing the ribbon and will check it...the range is stanless color with a black glass cook surface

Robert :

Thank you. I will get that info for you just in case.

Robert :

383EW1N006H is the part number for the control panel/touchpad. You can get it for 83 dollars at www.searspartsdirect.com or you can try other part retailers. This is just a good price for the part. My supplier wanted 134.

Customer:

that will be helpful thanks

Robert :

That store doesn't usually have great prices but it did this time.

Robert :

Everywhere else has it for 96-145 dollars(retail).

Customer:

nice $55

Robert :

I thought so too.

Customer:

just out of curiosity where are you located?

Robert :

Texas

Customer:

thanks for your help and have a good one...I'll go ahead and accept.

Robert :

Let me know if you need anything else in the future. Have a great weekend.

Customer:

u2

Robert :

Thank you.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.