Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Frigidaire Dishwasher runs about 3 hours to complete a normal

wash cycle. What could... Show More
wash cycle. What could be the problem?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you tell me how water in the bottom after this fills in the beginning of the cycle ?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
It fills just above the heating element. That seems good to me but funny thing is it doesn't always fully drain out. Especially when it completes the wash cycle. Could that be related?
yes it could be related and probably is. does it drain during the wash cycle completely ? like in the middle for a rinse?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Yes it does. I checked it when it drained the first three cycles and it was a complete drain.
how much water is left after the whole cycle completes?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
About one and a half inches.
okay , usually when a dish washer takes a long time to complete a wash cycle its the heater thats failed , when the water doesn't heat correctly or at all the machine will get stuck for long periods of time and not advance. eventually it will finish but it takes a very long time. you need to test the heating element to see if it has failed, this must be done with a multimeter and be checked for continuity. do you have a volt meter?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Yes I do.
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I messed up my last response back to you. Just wanted to say thank you for a nice job. No need to respond back.