Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE PSS25SGNA is not cooling, display not lit on door or inside,

Customer Question

GE PSS25SGNA is not cooling, display not lit on door or inside, no fans, just interior lights.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is a bad control board, G.E. has had a multitude of problems with these boards,they had to redesign these because of failure. you need to order and replace the board. this is located on the back of the refrigerator if you pull it away from the wall. theres an 8X10" cover on the back of the refrigerator its behind that cover, this comes with instructions ( very simple to replace) you can order this @ the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=PSS25SGNABS the part # XXXXX XXXXX in case you want to google this for a better price,thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can we link up after I get the part installed for any follow up questions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

You have 30 days to come back and reply without any further cost to you after you accept. any reply's you send will be sent directly to me.you can just bookmark this page and you can sign back in anytime. all follow up questions will be answered as soon as we receive them.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to accept. This service is cool as hell. I am in appliance sales @ Lowes & am a techy that went thru appliance repair school back in the 70's. Without a guide as to what to do with this modern stuff we are lost. I know there has been a lot of trouble with this board since GE changed to this system. We don't hear of many problems on the newer ones.
Thanks again.
Skip
XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yeah the new stuff is getting tougher to work on ! even we have to keep up with the trend now, theres so many electronics in them now its crazy. don't hesitate to come back if you have any further questions, have a great weekend ! thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
XXXXXXXX XX XXXXXXXX XXX XX dot c o m
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
have a great day !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have installed the board & the ref fired up.

Temps in freezer 0 but we can not get fresh food temps to tweek @ 37.38. Fresh food temps are stable, like 31 or 40 but not in the desired range. We are not living there so there is a day or two for temps to normalize.

Also we are hearing a sound like something is trying to cycle. We do not have this ref hooked to water so maybe it is the icemaker. Any idea how to turn it off. I see no switches.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sometimes it takes 24 hours to stabilize, as far as the ice maker goes there should be a switch on the side, some are toggle switched and some look like this,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
just switch it off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan,

The temp issue with the fresh food section has been going on for 3 weeks..since we put the board in. Could this board be defective?

Being in the appliance business, we have plenty of experiance trimming in temps. I can set it for 38 7 come back in a couple of days & it is 31 or try again & it is 40. with digital controls I expect it to be right on the money..
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay so this is freezing stuff in the refrigerator section ? you need to replace the damper assembly, this particular model had issue with the damper they have redesigned them to prevent freezing .

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
its inside the fresh food section right straight back in the middle.

Damper and Fan Assembly

Item #1055112 (OEM Part)

$109.85

Refrigerator air inlet cover/damper kit with fan motor. Damper and fan assembly have been updated to prevent freezing in the refrigerator.

Manufacturer Number WR49X10091

heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Damper-and-Fan-Assembly/WR49X10091/1055112?modelNumber=PSS25SGNABS this will fix that issue.thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan,
We ordered the damper assembly. Hope this does the trick.

Thanks