Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Duet Model GEW9200LW1 dryer and it will not heat

We have a Duet Model GEW9200LW1 dryer and it will not heat up. We have checked circuit breaker and gone through all the processes in the manuel. The dryer runs as normal, but without generating any heat. I do not know which part to order. There are 7 available parts, so can you help me narrow it down? Thank You. Vickie
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have a volt meter? multimeter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe we do have a volt meter, but I am not proficient with it and I have no idea where my husband has placed it. However, if you will still be on duty when he gets home - which will be after 8pm CST, it is 4:49pm here right now. If you had asked me if I could handle power tools I could have answered yes. LOL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand, I will wait until my husband arrives home and come back on line. Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I will check back during the evening. hopefully we can get this sorted out !~ LOL he needs to follow a few videos I will send for testing different parts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your welcome. talk later, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
just respond when your husband gets home okay? thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan, John did not get home until after 10 our time and left at 7 this morning and it will be another late night for him. He will most likely not be able to work on this problem until Thursday. :(
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
oh sorry to hear that , I'll will respond when I hear back form you. sorry you have to go another day without it. talk soon, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, my husband is home for a little this morning. I can not find the videos you sent or a link. Could you please resend? Thank you. Vickie
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay here is a link to the videos. you want to check the heating element and the thermal cutoff on the list of parts, just click on the parts and the video will be there. its going to be one of those two. http://www.repairclinic.com/Whirlpool-Dryer-Model-GEW9200LW1-ID-620545-Parts?s=b5a8d620545e let me know how you make out. you can also order the bad part there.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - I am getting him in here to view video. Just so I understand he wants to watch the heating element and thrermal cut off - correct?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes. thats correct.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - I am getting him in here to view video. Just so I understand he wants to watch the heating element and thrermal cut off - correct? Bryan, my husband got called into work before he could view one of the videos. I am going to go ahead and hit the Accept Answer so that you will get paid. May I visit with you again if this doesn't solve the problem without another charge. Sorry I am so late in returning to computer. I am on some heavy pain killers and they literally knocked me out until about 30 min. ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.