Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I had a power outage, my range got an F1 notice I got that

Customer Question

I had a power outage, my range got an F1 notice I got that taken care of but now the oven will not get warm. model(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

How did you take care of the F1 error?

Customer :

By going by the instruction manuel

Robert :

So you reset the unit and the F1 went away, is that correct?

Customer :

yes

Robert :

The F1 error is a failed relay on the clock and when the relay initially goes out the clock will code F1. If you reset the unit, the F1 will usually not return BUT the relay is still bad on the clock. The only repair for this error is to replace the clock.

Robert :

I can get you the part number and supplier if you would like to replace it yourself. It is not hard and I can tell you how to do it.

Customer :

you mean the clock on the stove, but it is working correctly.

Robert :

Yes. The clock will still work but on the back side of the clock are the oven controls. The controls are the part that went out. They only sell it as one piece though.

Robert :

It is a very common problem on this Frigidaire built unit.

Robert :

The clock/oven control is number 20 in the picture above.

Robert :

20A is the sticker on the front of the clock. You will have to peel it off and stick it to the new clock when it comes in.

Customer :

are you still there Robert

Robert :

Would you like to do this repair yourself? I am still here.

Customer :

how much does that cost.

Robert :

About 175.

Customer :

Robert where aRE YOU

Robert :

I am here.

Robert :

It keeps saying you are stepping in and out of the chat.

Robert :

Are you still with me?

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
I am here again. Someone changed the category to small appliances which I am not part of. That made it impossible for me to chat any longer. I have had that fixed. Let me know if you need a part number for that clock/control.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I do

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
The part number you will need to order is 316207511. You can order it from 800/291-4610 or online at a number of parts suppliers.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.