Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a question about washing machine repair

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you hear the motor running when its in agitate ? is it just the agitator thats not moving ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The agitator is the only thing that isn't moving. I hear a "humming" sound when it should be agitating. I can turn the dial to the drain and spin cycle and it does that just fine
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay you need to order and replace the drive bell ,

Drive Block or Bell

Item #1195917 (OEM Part)

$5.90

Washing machine agitator drive bell. Connects transmission drive shaft to the agitator base.

Manufacturer Number WH49X10042, pull the agitator of the shaft and you will see this, this connects the agitator to the transmission shaft, these strip causing the machine not to agitate, heres a link to the part. link just click the blue link. thanks and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get the agitator off the shaft?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you need to get your hands under the bottom of the agitator and pull up hard, this can be tough but it just snaps over the bell. be careful not to hit yourself in the face when it pops off, I've done that a few times, sometimes they are really stuck but it will come off,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Successfully removed agitator without knocking myself in the face :) I removed the Drive Block and pulled it out...washed it off so I could see the inside. It looked like it had "teeth" but put it back on the drive and it turns easily with my hand. So, it should fit "snugly" and not turn with my hand right?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats correct. its a common problem and easy to repair, just order or pick up a new drive block and install it. thats it . thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK Bryan. I appreciate your help. This is my first time to use this service. Do I "accept answer" now and trust that this is the fix (which I actually do in this case). Or do I wait until I go get the part this morning and try the fix. In other words, if it doesn't work and I need further counsel, what do I do?

Troy
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes you accept now and you still have 30 days to come back with any additional questions on this at no additional charge, this will take care of your issue though. thanks and have a great week ! , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.