Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Gas dryer not heating. All items checked, circuit breakers,

Customer Question

Gas dryer not heating. All items checked, circuit breakers, etc.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help you. On your model of the dryer the component that most often fails that leads to the dryer not heating is the thermal fuse. The thermal fuse is located on the back of the dryer, to access remove the rear panel. If you have a volt ohm meter to check the fuse if you have no reading it's bad, if good it will ohm out to zero. I will send you a diagram shortly. The thermal fuse is Item number 7 and the cycling thermostat is item 9.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Make sure you unplug the unit, if you do not have a meter to check the fuse, You can put the 2 connectors together and start it up to see if the heat comes on, make sure the connectors are not touching any metal and be careful. If you need further assistance just let me know.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
If the thermal fuse is indeed blown, please make sure you check/clean your vent and also replace the cycling thermostat, to assure that it does not blow again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is my diagram?
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
I sent it yesterday, don't know why you cannot see it, I will send again. It was my second post.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-MGD5820TW0/3048/0151200/W0709060/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.
Above is the link you can copy and pasre if you cannot view the image.