Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Kenmore dishwashers (model #665.16463300)control panel

My Kenmore dishwasher's (model #665.16463300)control panel stopped working and won't reset.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please bear with me ,, thanks

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The first time I had the problem it wouldn't finish the cycle.The second time it wouldn't fill.I had a sears repairman to come to the house but he said he could troubleshoot the problem without replacing the control panel first.I refused because he wanted 400.00 to replace the control panel.I felt as though he should have been able to bypass the control panel to find out what was causing the problem in the first place. I could reset it at first but I don't know now if that's possible.
how are you trying to reset it may i ask?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's been along time but I used a combination of the option buttons to reset.I considered replacing the circuit board but for the cost of replacing components to troubleshoot I could replace the dishwasher with a new one.
tell me please what all the buttons on the control panel say from left to right ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
option buttons include hi temp wash,sani rinse and air dry .I push and hold the hi temp and air dry buttons and it resets.
press these

hi temp wash and then air dry
hi temp wash and then air dry
hi temp wash and then air dry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You have not given me usefull information.Why is the control panel shorting out.what do I check to see what's causing that problem?
the control board can just go out and most of the time its due to a power surge, try that and tell me if it resets the board and we can go from there ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Change the control panel or the circuit board?
circuit board, do you have it or need directions to change it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I already have the circuit board out.Is there a way to check the circuit board?
all you can do to check it is to make sure your getting 110 volts to the board, that all you can do on the board
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would you know how get a schematic for this model?
there should be on behind the lower front panel when you take it off, also if yours just plug in behind the unit you can get a surge protector and plug it in and then plug the unit into it
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks