Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

We have a Maytag "IntelliiDry" Dryer, Model# XXXXX Serial#

Customer Question

We have a Maytag "IntelliiDry" Dryer, Model# XXXXX Serial# XXXXX Dryer has worked perfectly up until this afternoon when it quit. It is apparently not getting powe as the light doesn't even come on. I've checked the breaker, it was OK. Is there a fuse in the dryer that could have blown.
Lynn Johnson
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX help you with your issue. Yes there is a fuse inside the dryer that would cause this to happen. Give me a few minutes to bring up your units diagrams and I will have further information for you.

Tim Alan :

The thermal fuse is located by the heating element and it is right under the top on the left hand side.

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does the top just "pop off" oris held down with screwws
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
The thermal fuse is item 5. The top is held down by spring clamps between the top of the door and the bottom of the top panel, locate those and push them in with either a putty knife or screw driver, and remember to unplug the unit before touching any wires.
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great, I found it...will give it a go...Thanks much
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome thank you.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Thermal fuse kit

PART NUMBER: LA-1053

This is the part number for the thermal fuse and thermostat, instructions do come with it.