Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

my eaton viking 6 washing machine filled up but now it wont

Customer Question

my eaton viking 6 washing machine filled up but now it won't run or empty. You can hear it try to turn on and the timer ticks but nothing happens. is it possible that this has an easy answer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please bear with me ,, thanks

the lid switch is ok? and the timer ticks and counts down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
does it pump the water out or make any kind of noise after it fills?
how old is this washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its does not pump the water out at all. It makes a humming sound at each of the different stages when something is suppose to happen, but nothing does happen and the humming sound only lasts a moment. The timer continues to tick though.
I am not sure the age of this washer, as it came with my house. But it looks pretty old. It's been great up until this.
may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where will it be?
hard to say on this one but it should be under the lid or on top of the control panel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
EW307FW119
series number ADS07270
it does not come up so it must be 12 years old or older and you have 1 of 3 things that will be wrong, something gotten into the pump to hold the impellers which will also hold the motor from running, you can remove the hoses from the pump and get out whatever it may be and it will be fine or the pump itself is frozen and not allowing the motor to run or the last is a bad motor ,,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do I remove the hoses from the pump?
it will just have clamps on the hoses to hold them onto the pump, remove the clamps and pull the hoses off
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks