Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My GE profile refrig intermitently cools. The inside temp

Customer Question

My GE profile refrig intermitently cools. The inside temp went to 74 yesterday...now working fine this morning. have lost several loads of grocery. Electronic panel has been replaced...3 weeks ago...not working properly again. Top inside light appears to not work properly...when its out...seems refrig is not cooling. Help/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this board was replaced ? are the fans running both inside the freezer and in the back next to the compressor ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fans seem to be running. The crazy thing is the refrig is running perfect this morning. Yesterday, it sounded like the fan was running more than normal, although the refrig temp rose.

If you were here- you'd say everything is working fine. I suspect some electronic control issue..?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, look behind the food at the back wall in the freezer is there any frost at all on the panel ? look real good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No frost in the back of the freezer, looked behind all the drawers.

No fans running...refrig quiet and cold.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

you said the control digital display sometimes doesnt work correctly ? does it go blank?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The digital read out for refrig temp (far right) was not functioning properly...it did blink and was not displaying full numbers. Currently display appears to function.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well in most cases the digital readout is not the issue, the board is the issue with that, you may have received a bad board, this happens a lot on these , G.E. has had a ton of problems with these. I would have them replace the board and see if that works. is not you will probably need the control itself, (very rare though) did you have the board replaced by a company or did you do it yourself ?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A company...I've contacted them and asked them to replace the board again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay if you need more help just come back and reply. thanks and have a great weekend, Bryan