Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

LG WD12570FD Washing Machines how to remove the direct drive

Customer Question

LG WD12570FD Washing Machines how to remove the direct drive motor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 5 years ago.

kingmz :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX moment I believe I have the service manual for this unit.

Customer:

hi Marcjus

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

i want to remove the motor and change the bearing

kingmz :

This should solve your problem

kingmz :

Unplug the machine before servicing. If you are satisfied with my answer please accept it, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Customer:

The model i have mentioned dont have motor seperate as shown in the picture its directly attached to the drum

kingmz :

Ok, one moment.

kingmz :

Is this a compact washing machine?

Customer:

no its the top model i am sending you a picture

kingmz :

ok that would be great. I have tons of manuals but if your off by a few numbers its way off.

Customer:

lg wd12570fd
Full Size Image

Customer:

r u there

kingmz :

Yes

Customer:

did you get the image

kingmz :

I see you have two screws still in there, have you removed those?

kingmz :

Also is that front part connected to the frame. I see a few screws at the base of that front piece. If those are attached then those might have to be removed.

Customer:

if you see there are lots of screws all around the motor which i removed then after i was unable to remove the whole motor

kingmz :

Yes, but I do see there are a few screws in the front middle, also there are screws at the base. I cannot see what is around the right part of that piece, there might be screws there.

Customer:

yes i removed all that

kingmz :

If you would like I can opt out if you to see if someone has a service manual for this unit. I can figure it out with you but I would understand if you would want to find another expert.

Customer:

yes

Customer:

pl

kingmz :

Ok no problem, good luck!

Customer:

its ok

Customer:

dont waste time

Customer:

just opt out

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

for your time

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hello.

Here is a link to a video that will show you how to get that rotor apart. It is alot easier than trying to explain it or type it step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeLfq29fuoA

I can also get you a video that will show you how to take the washer apart and one that will show you how to replace a bearing on a front load washer(the bearing replacement video will be for a general unit and not for your LG unit because they all come apart similar).

Let me know if you need that info.

Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

lg 1256 rd how to change the bearing on the drum

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.
I just saw your post. Here a couple of videos for you. The first is how to take the unit apart. The second shows you how to take the unit apart and replace the bearing. Please remember that the bearing replacement is on a different model but it will show you how the repair is done. They don't have an actual video on the LG unit out yet. On this unit the bearing is included in the rear part of the tub. Do you have the part number you need to do the repair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZUHy_AOIY0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL27DF9D9FC496ECFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaFF2-Rl8Nc

Just let me know if you need the part number and I will get it for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

great help

i think i am good with it now i going to do it tomorrow the bearing in the rear is worn out

thanks for your help

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

No problem. I am glad I could help you out. Just let me know if you need anything else. I will be glad to help you.