Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

Where is the best place to order the part from?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Sears parts direct, partselect, appliance parts pros, appliance zone, these are all good sources and you can also type in appliance parts in your browser and shop around for the best prices and to find your local appliance parts stores.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
this is from sears parts website there are 3 different colors of control panel

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$96.85

In stock

Qty: Add to cart
View important details

1A
on diagram

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$142.64

In stock

Qty: Add to cart
View important details

1B
on diagram

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$140.99

In stock

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you clean the ribbon? How do you take apart the control panel and reassemble it when you receive the new one
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Ok please don't go back and forth between the 2 questions.
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Just a damp cloth for cleaning the ribbon. What is the color of the control panel? Unplug the unit and remove the screws on the inside portion of the door panel, open the door and look inside, all those screws come out. Once you have those removed the control panel comes right off and the rest is easy. There is a plastic cover over the mother board and that pops off look for the markings and slide a flat screw driver down to release the tabs, remove the ribbon from the connector on the board. Once you get it open you will see it's not hard to do at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have done all of that, it appears the control board is a beige color and the control panel is black. How do you remove the ribbon off of the control panel? I don't want to force it. Can we test if cleaning the ribbon rectified the problem?

Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
You do not remove the ribbon off of the control panel. You remove the ribbon from the mother board not the control panel. There is a plastic cover over the mother board, take that off first and you will see the connector that the ribbon goes into. The connector will have tabs on either side that you slide up with your fingers and the ribbon come right out. Once you clean it put it back together and turn the power back on and press the buttons, that is the only way to test it.
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.
Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis should be the color for the black control panel, of the sources i listed before they have the bes price.

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician