Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore dishwasher wont spray. It fills with water but

Customer Question

My kenmore dishwasher wont spray. It fills with water but the arms don't move it doesn't make any sound at the point it should be spinning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So when the dishwasher should be washing, the dishwasher is completely silent like no motors are running or anything like that? Does the dishwasher still drain out?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No noise when should be spinning and it is draining
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok, unfortunately this means you either have a bad control board or the circulation pump and motor has failed and will need to be replaced. The way to check is by uninstalling the entire dishwasher and tipping it on it's back. There are 2 wires going to the circulation pump. Check for 120 volts to the motor when the dishwasher should be washing. If you don't have 120 volts, you need a new control board. If you do have 120 volts, you need a new circulation motor. The circulation motor fails often so that is by far the most likely part that will need to be replaced so if you don't have a multimeter to test the voltage, just replace the circulation motor. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE