Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

oven in Magic Chef gas range comes on but doesnt come up to

oven in Magic Chef gas range comes on but doesn't come up to temperature eventhough the controls indicate that it has
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Ok so there are 3 things that can cause your issue and the first is your igniter. You'll want to watch the oven when it's preheating to see if the flame goes on and off. If it does, then you need a new igniter because it's starting to fatigue and needs to be replaced. If the flame stays on the entire time until the oven reaches the correct temperature (on the display), then you have a different issue.

The other possibilities would be a bad oven sensor or a bad control board not reading the oven sensor properly. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I have to replace the relay board, where is it and how do I get to it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The relay board is the display board for the oven. It's part of the control panel. Actually on this model the display board is no longer available so if it's not working properly you'll need to replace the entire oven. Or you can remove the display board and mail it off to a place like appliancetimers.com to have it refubished for about $200-300 normally.