Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool washer (part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN wont work with water in

Whirlpool washer (part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN won't work with water in it. Did function without water in it. Now not even a sound.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And what do you mean "won't work"? Does it fill? Does it agitate? Spin? Drain? Anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It filled but when I selected spit it initially responded then completely shut down. That is it behaved as though it was going to start but immediately shut down. Now it does nothing at all. It is quite dead. I drained the water but did not want to damage it further without some advice.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok, so do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It's located on a sticker or badge under the lid down near the hinges.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model # XXXXX XXXXX follows: LSR8233JQ0

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok perfect, so there is no water at all in the tub and it won't do anything on any setting? Like it will not fill or wash or spin or drain, correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I was told that it stopped working. When I looked at it and turned it on it started filling with water. When I switched to spin it stopped functioning altogether. I tried every setting and every selection and still nothing at all. I disconnected the water lines and drained the tub but haven't troubleshot any further. I thought it might be some sort of switch.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok well the only part that can cut off everything on the entire washer is the timer assembly itself which is the part with the knob that you turn to select the cycle. Below is a link to the timer you'd need to order and replace. Be sure your washer is getting power from your house first, because if it's not then that will also cause the same effect. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.