Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hello, I have a Frigidaire stove model #CFEF357CS1 which sadly

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Frigidaire stove model #CFEF357CS1 which sadly lost it's handle.
The metal inserts holding holding the plastic handle separated from the plastic so it broke away and the screws fell in the door. I now have a replacement handle (#316270201) and recommended screws (#316433300) from Reliable parts. How do I go about replacing the handle? I made two unsuccessful attempts and need some guidance.

I first tried fastening the handle directly to the top cap, but the glass front isn't secure and nor is the cap.

I then notice two formed brackets. When fastening to them, the cap protrudes to the point that the glass isn't held at all.

It seems as though the door needs to be deconstructed further... perhaps there's a better option.

the door and
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're trying to get inside the oven door to replace the handle, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is either a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out, or there will be a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up tot he broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can remove and replace the handle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd like a service document that outlines the steps. Can you supply that?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
unfortunately not, there is not one to do what you are asking.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I try your first suggestion tomorrow. If I succeed, then I'll accept the answer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok good luck.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
screws had to be ordered for this plastic only replacement so there's a delay of a few days.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok, well good luck once again. Either way it sounds like you got the door open so you can replace the handle which is what you had asked. So I wish you the best of luck now.