repairman4734
repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.
15371985

dishwasher mod.665.13893k801 seems to fill with water on pre-wash

Customer Question

dishwasher mod.665.13893k801 seems to fill with water on pre-wash but not on main wash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 2 years ago.

Peter :

Hi, my name is Peter. I am eager to help you solve your appliance problems. You hear the water drain at the end of the pre wash and then it does not fill back up?

Customer :

there is water for the prewash which drains but does not refill.

Customer :

are we still connected

Peter :

Yes we are.

Peter :

either a defective fill valve, it is getting hot during the initial fill and will not open up or a defective control board relay.

Peter :

You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way we receive pay for our knowledge and time.
Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter

Customer :

how can i check to see if one of these is the problem

Peter :

Use a volt/ohm meter to check the water valve after the first fill and during the second fill.

Peter :

Have you checked the water valve?

Customer :

I have already replied to your inquiry. Your answer did not solve the problem, that is why I have not pressed the "accept" button to pay for your help.

Peter :

ok

Peter :

Have a good day

Expert:  repairman4734 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for using just answer. Please try turning off the circuit breaker for the dw for about 10 minutes, and then turn back on. What you are doing here, is possibly resetting the computer board. If this doesn't work, then probably you will need to replace the control board;
W10-130967 control board $88.84 available at sears parts and servicenters. Hope this helps and thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you people don't know what's going on, Peter already tried to answer, we weren't happy with it and have since figured it out, it wasn't anywhere close to what you were suggesting. Also, we would like our money refunded to our account.
sorry