Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

why does my GE monogram dishwasher alarm when it finishes its

why does my GE monogram dishwasher alarm when it finishes its washing cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are you saying the dishwasher is stopping in the middle of the cycle? Or what do you mean "alarm" exactly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when it has completed its washing and drying (the dishes are clean and dried) it begins to beep at a regular cycle until you either open the door (it will start beeping again if you close the door latch) or you press the start button numerous times
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
so how are you getting the beeping to stop? just leaving the door opening?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can leave the door open or press the start button numerous times. If I leave the door open it will beep again when its closed and latched
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
When it's beeing, one of the lights on the progress display should be illuminated. Can you tell me which light that is? Sensing, washing, etc?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The "drying" and "start" lights
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The flashing drying light IS a shorted control board. I think you said the part was replaced, but there is really nothing else that can cause this error so I'd warranty the part out and replace the control board inside the door again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't believe that 2 control boards built 10 years apart would have the same problem. Would one of the components plugged into the control assembly cause a short? or the alarm. Since I replaced the control assembly 2 days ago, I don't think GE is going to accept this diagonistic advice
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
There is 90 days warranty on all parts through GE, so you can get it returned at no charge.

As for something shorting out the control board or causing the problem---not in this case. Since you can reset the error and get it working again, the control board is the only thing that can cause this problem. It's actually in your owners manual on page 9 if you happen to have the manual still.