Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE GFSS6KKYSS with a Samsung IMC701 ice maker and

I have a GE GFSS6KKYSS with a Samsung IMC701 ice maker and it has just stopped making ice. I removed the ice maker from the fridge and the fingers seemed to be stuck attempting to push the ice out of the tray, so I let it sit on the counter for a couple of hours and then poured the water out. When I put it back in, the fingers cycled around to their normal original positions. It has not filled up with water since that point. My water comes out of the water dispenser with normal pressure, and up until this issue occurred, I would regularly have pieces of ice stuck together, which indicates to me that the ice maker was receiving enough water previously to fill up over the top of the individual ice cube slots. So...where do I go from here? The "Test Switch" doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Press and hold the test switch for 15 seconds to see if it cycles the icemaker. The icemaker won't normally cycle on it's own after being thawed out for 24-48 hours since it needs to be below 5 degree to cycle on it's own. The test button should cycle the icemaker no matter what. If it doesn't, then you just needa new icemaker unfortunately.