Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

have a rtw4305221 washer dropped motor because bolt broke and

have a rtw4305221 washer dropped motor because bolt broke and now motor will not go all the way up to be bolted on again. is there something specific we have to do to the clutch to get it back up?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is a ring in the center of the clutch with a spring that pushes out on it. You need to make sure that this spring isn't hitting the brake spring when you push the motor/clutch assembly back together. Otherwise if the springs hit each other it will stop about half and inch or so from pushing up all the way.

As for the broken bolt, you'll need to drip the bolt out, rethread the receptacle for the bolt, and install a new bolt.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

will give it a try

got it back together now just have to replace bolt

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
awesome, well I'm glad you got it all lined up again, but I'd suggest going to an auto parts store if you're unsure of how to drill out the old bolt and put a new one in. This is something that auto mechanics have to do all the time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yeah just have to find my tap n die set and a good drill bit. the main problem was the washer would not spin but sounded like it was. we will get er done thanks alot for your help lets hope it spins:)
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
no problem and good luck to you.