Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag top loading washer seems to be unbalanced during

My Maytag top loading washer seems to be unbalanced during the spin cycle causing a loud banging noise. The drum?
Is there a fix for this? Worn out part?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Try running a cycle without any clothes inside at all. Does the tub still go out of balance or is it a lot better?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do.
ok, just let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am running an empty load and is banging even worse.
ok perfect. So this means that either one of your suspension springs has broken, or the damper pads between the washer base and tub frame has warn out and needs to be replaced. Remove the 2 screws near the bottom of the front panel and the front panel will hinge forward, up, and off. With this panel removed, you can look and make sure all the springs are attached. If so, then look near the center on the floor of the washer. If you see black powder, you need to replace the damper pads under the frame assembly because they've worn out. Below is a link to the damper assembly you'd need to order and replace since it's by far te most likely culprit.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am on a different computer and got your answer.
Seems logical.
I accept. Thanks you.
no problem and I wish you the best of luck.