Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Sud (5 ud) was displayed in window. I unlocked door; no change.

Sud (5 ud) was displayed in window. I unlocked door; no change. I pushed power off: now door is locked, won't respond, power won't respond, pau se wont respond, F21 is now in window.
It's a maytag 9000. Please help! Thanks, Robin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. The error code F21 indicates that the control is getting a message from the pressure switch that there is too much water in the tub. This can be caused by a faulty signal from the pressure switch or too much water being in the tub. Most often times, this is caused by poor drain pressure from the drain pump. The drain pump has a filter that is designed to catch any debris before it gets into the pump impeller. This filter is likely obstructed and will need to be cleaned out. At the bottom of the front panel are three screws. Once removed, you will have access to the drain pump assembly. It is in the center of the machine, directly behind the front panel. The filter will simply unscrew to allow access for cleaning. Have towels on hand, the water will come out once you remove that filter! Clean the filter out and run a rinse cycle to verify proper operation.

Clicking the “ACCEPT” button will NOT close this question. Once you accept, you may refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Also, please leave positive feedback after you accept, this is important!