Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an SHU9915UC which has been working perfectly for 12

Customer Question

I have an SHU9915UC which has been working perfectly for 12 years. Yesterday, at the end of a regular wash cycle (as indicated by the beep), it kept running--sounds like it is trying to drain. Whenever the on/off button is depressed it attempts to run, even when the door is open. Whenever the "regular wash" button is depressed, the beeper sounds.

Any advice welcom!

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi/1 I let my dishwasher sit as you suggested. The pump does not run automatically when the on/off is in the "on" position as it did before. Today I attempted to run a regular cycle. The unit filled with hot water and the soap dispenser opened, but beyond a humming sound nothing else took place. I pressed the "power scrub wash" and "quick wash" buttons to cancel and drain, which worked perfectly. The pump sounds happy and stopped just before the "end cycle" signal.

I'd love to know if you have any further thoughts. Your first suggestion was right on (as opposed to my local authorized dealer who instructed me to order a board from Bosch with no more information than what I had given you)

Thanks for any ideas!

Margaret
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like your circulation pump seized up now so the impeller kit on the pump needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! My husband and I own a spa store, so I am very familiar with circ pump death!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about the bad news but wish you only the best.