Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

how do you clean spillage residue from the inside glass lower

how do you clean spillage residue from the inside glass lower door on my ge range.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The best way to clean the marks is to use Easy Off and spray it on the glass. Then wait about 5-10 minutes and wipe it off. If it's still baked onto the glass, you'll need to use a sharp razor and scrap off the residue at a slight angle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
problem is now resolved... your answer did not address my problem . ihad to take the door apart to get inside the door to remove the residue.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
That is correct yes. on your other question I told you how to do that. I stated:

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is either a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out, or there will be a tiny hole that appears at the joint of the hinge which you can stick a small screw through to lock the hinge out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up tot he broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

Either way, I hope everything is clean again.