Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid Oven, Superba 27. For some time now with all of the oven switches in the Off position, the over power comes on and the fan runs. The only way to stop it is to trip the circuit breaker. If I leave the power off for a while, and then supply power again, the problem does not occur for a while, but after a period of time the oven power comes on by itself and the fan runs until I trip the circuit breaker again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This problem could be caused by a faulty oven sensor is the main display relay control board. If the oven thinks it's too hot inside, it will turn the fan on. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with today?